Robert F. Garvey
Location: St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Toll Free: 866-232-5775
Mr Garvey has had continued success in serious injury and wrongful death cases involving medical malpractice, motor vehicle injuries, construction site injuries, and other general negligence cases.
His successes have been recognized by his inclusion in such publications as “Best Lawyer’s in America”, “Super Lawyers” and “business – The Best Lawyer’s in Metro Detroit”.
Mr Garvey is frequently engaged by trial lawyers and trial lawyer groups to speak and/or write on topics related to catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. These topics include trial techniques, jury selection, proving damages, conducting settlement negotiations, opening and closing arguments, traumatic brain injuries, etc. His articles and case reports have appeared in publications of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Michigan Bar Association, the American Lawyer, and Trial Lawyers for Public Justice.
Mr. Garvey has served for more than 20 years as an executive board member of the Michigan Trial Lawyer’s Association and is the immediate past president of the Michigan Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Mr. Garvey is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Mr. Garvey was voted “Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan” by Superlawyers based on ratings by other Michigan Lawyers. Mr. Garvey was presented with the “President’s Choice Award” by Michigan State Bar President Reginald Turner in 2003 and has been involved in a number of civic, charitable and educational endeavors.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Construction Site Injuries
- General Negligence Cases
- Michigan, 1975
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. – 1974
- University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Michigan
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyer’s in America
- Super Lawyers – Top 100 Michigan Lawyers
- Dbusiness – The Best Lawyer’s in Metro Detroit
- “President’s Choice Award” by Michigan State Bar President Reginald Turner, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Michigan Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Michigan Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President
Past Employment Positions
- University of Detroit Mercy Law School, Adjunct Professor
- Michigan Trial Lawyer’s Association, Executive Board Member